Do you have household items?
We welcome your in-kind donations of clean, gently-used household items.
We gladly accept the following new and/or clean, gently-used items:
- CLOTHING (men’s, women’s, and children’s, shoes, hats, belts, jewelry and accessories)
- HOUSEHOLD GOODS (small kitchen items, new makeup & toiletries, instruments, collectibles, CDs, DVDs, etc…)
- BABY ITEMS (strollers, carriers, high chairs, car seats*, pumps, diapers and formula)
- TOYS (loose, broken, and/or dirty toys not accepted)
- BOOKS and PUZZLES
- BICYCLES (working adult’s and children’s bikes)
*We will only accept car seats that are less than 6 years old.
We cannot accept the following:
- used electronics (TVs, printers, microwaves, fax machines, etc…)
- beds and cribs
- plush toys (stuffies)
- used breast pumps
- major appliances
We also have a “Wish List” binder where donors can list (and clients can request) large items such as cribs, newer TVs, strollers, and appliances.
If you have an item that you would like to add to our wish list, or if you have any questions, please call the Centre at (250) 385-1114.
Our Business Hours:
Monday: 9AM – 4 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM – 4 PM
Wednesday: 12 PM – 7 PM
Thursday: 9 AM – 4 PM
Friday: 9 AM – 4 PM
Other Organizations that Accept Donations
Schedule a FREE pick-up: 1-800-505-5525
- Clothesline happily accepts the following items:
Gently used clothing
- All cloth-based items
- Sleeping bags
- Belts and ties
- Small household items
- Small electronics – cell phones, laptops, tablets, iPods, digital cameras, gaming consoles, PDAs.
Please note that electronics and small household items are not accepted at our Clothesline drop boxes.
Big Brothers & Big Sisters
To arrange a FREE pick up: (250) 385-7226
Bring them directly to our office at 230 Bay St (Mon – Fri 9:00AM – 5:00PM)
- Bring them to one of our attended stations:
855 Langford Parkway (Sat – 11AM-3PM)
Tillicum Mall parking lot outside Old Navy
(Mon – Fri 9:30AM – 7:00PM, Sat & Sun 9:30AM – 5:00PM)
Items We Accept (all donated items must be in good, resalable condition):
- Men’s, Women’s and Children’s Clothing
- Clothing Accessories (Hats, Wallets, Purses, Shoes & Boots
- Bedding & Linens (Sheets, Blankets, Towels, Small Household Mats, Tablecloths, Dishtowels)
- Other Cloth Items (Sewing Fabric, Cushions, Wool, Curtains and Drapes)
We can also accept 1 to 2 Medium-Sized Boxes of Miscellaneous Household Items Such As:
- Knick Knacks
- Pots and Pans, Coffee and Tea Pots, Cooking Utensils, Dishes, etc…
- Stuffed Animals, Toys and Games
Women In Need
Donation Line: 250-480-4006 ext. 204
WIN accepts used clothing for women, men, and children, along with accessories, jewelry, books, linens, toys, furniture, and household items. In order to help us keep our costs down, please check out our Donation Guidelines for more information about donating to Women in Need.
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity Victoria ReStore sells quality new and gently used furniture, appliances, home décor items and building materials to the public at greatly reduced prices. All products are donated by local people or businesses keeping useful items out of the landfill. ReStore proceeds cover Habitat Victoria’s administration costs ensuring that all donations to Habitat go directly to the construction of affordable homes for families in need. Gift-In-Kind donations to the ReStore for $100 or more may qualify for a tax receipt. Just ask our staff how when you drop off your donation.